Sunday 7 February 2010

And yet another year on...


I decided to do another yearly review based on the questions that I answered last year and the year before. Next year, I think I should find a new set. Any suggestions?

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Moved to a flat with a balcony
Moved out of a town environment
Other than that, nothing really new

2. What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
My “One Little Word” this year is *AHEAD* and that relates to organisation, finishing projects, remembering birthdays and special occasions, being a better friend, making more of my DSLR, getting on top of my photographs and maintaining a serious amount of scrapping and creativity. Enough??

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009?
Another year without a new baby – on a roll

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not really close but there were three older extended family members who passed

5. What countries did you visit?
The UK, Birmingham
France, Paris
Switzerland, near Zurich
UAE, Dubai (we were there until 6th Jan so that counts!)
We were in Canada, Yukon *in our hearts* (the holiday got cancelled at the last minute)
R *lived it up* in Libya

6 What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Energy.
Motivation.
Greater inner-satisfaction.
A holiday

7. What date(s) in 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
27th and 28th November. R’s birthday celebrations. They were brilliant.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I worked on my word of the year “Calm” and R says that he could see an improvement. Sounds like a real achievement to me

9. What was your biggest failure?
I made no progress whatsoever on the idea of getting fitter, losing weight and all that goes with that. Pity.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
No. Again. Surprising but true.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
R got us tickets to see Tom Jones in concert in Paris for my birthday. And then the weekend to go with it of course. A. It was a brilliant weekend B. It was romantic C. Tom Jones was fantastic!!!
I also received a bird feeder and also a birdhouse. I love them both. Just need to get the birds to notice.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Ted – he works hard at school, gets good results, is a cool dude (such an unfashionable word!), spent two periods of time here with us and was good company, practiced his German whenever he could and is turning into a lovely young man.

13. Whose behaviour appalled and depressed you?
Mmm, next question

14. Where did most of your money go?
Just living (a full life!) – same as 2008
And we celebrated R’s 40th in a BIG way

15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Our Yukon trip. I got really excited about it but then the excitement was rather dampened once it was cancelled!
R’s birthday celebrations – they were brilliant

16. What song(s) reminds you of 2009?
If A Song Could Get Me You by Marit Larson – such a lovely, simple, pretty, romantic song. It was a big hit here over the summer.
(I noticed that this year, most of my favourite music was sung by female singers – really unusual for me)
We Cry by The Script. I had three new albums at the beginning of the year on my iPhone, one of which was The Script. And I was totally engrossed in the Twilight series at the same time. Every time I picked up the books, I would start my recently purchased playlist and off it would go in the background while I read. So in brain, the connection is there – whenever I hear this song, I think of Twilight and for me, these albums are the soundtrack to the movie!

17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? happier
b.) Thinner or Fatter? (much) fatter
c.) Richer or Poorer? the usual

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
NOT eating!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Once again, I hate to say this, but I really could with less moaning. 
Oh and eating. I could really have done with less eating!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We managed to fit in all the German and all the English family this year. Christmas Eve was spent in traditional style with both sides of the German family and then on Christmas Day we drove over to the UK where we celebrated with the family and saw everyone else over a period of 10 days!
Four families in two countries – Strike!

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Again: every day – can’t help the mushiness – it’s just true
(And can I admit that I fell in teenage crush with Jacob Black?)

22. What was your favourite TV program?
Just generally love trash TV – casting shows, reality shows, celebrity gossip shows. Thought Lipstick Jungle was pretty cool and so was the first half of the Desperate Housewives series – missed the ends of both of these series. No stamina.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
Pass

24. What was the best book you read?
Sorry, I was one of those who jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I devoured all four books within days back in January. Feeling the werewolf love!

25. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Out for a romantic dinner with R on the evening before, celebrating at 12 midnight. Jac arrived for a week’s visit on the actual day – what a great present!

26. What was your best musical discovery?
Marit Larson
Ingrid Michelson

27. What did you want and get?
A bigger scrapbooking room – just for me.
A balcony.
More time for scrapping.

28. What was your favourite film of the year?
Twilight (I was late seeing it) and New Moon (Team Jacob!)

29. What did you want and not get?
Jacob Black in my stocking… Oh, sorry, did I think that out loud?
Really, this year, I got everything. I mean there is always more BasicGrey to get and I had my heart set on a Cuttlebug but just didn’t get around to organising it. Maybe this year…

30. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having had to cancel our holiday.
Fitting into the dress I had planned to for R’s party – own fault!

31. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2009?
Like I have said the last 2 years, I think anyone who knows me would agree that I have no fashion concept. Few clothes were bought and few of the existing clothes fitted by the end of the year due to my weight gain! There must be a lesson in there somewhere!

32. What kept you sane?
Ralph
Scrapbooking
Reading other people's blogs
Chocolate and champagne
(same as last year in fact)
Oh, I can add in enjoying cocktails out on our new balcony!

33. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?
Can’t really think of anyone in particular.

34. What political issue stirred you most?
Again, the environment, the Iraqi war, the economic crisis. The usual I think.

35. Who do you miss?
My friends over at Daimler who I taught for a very long time. I hope to keep in touch with the girls this year

36. Who was the best new person you met? 
Did I meet anyone new? Not really (new neighbours or classes but that doesn’t count) but I rediscovered an almost long lost friend again after many years of missing contact – It’s lovely to meet, catch up with the new and reminisce about the old. Sarah, it’s great to re-know you again!!!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
There are always things that you can be grateful for, even if you are sad about something that hasn’t happened as it should have done (our Yukon holiday).
It’s wonderful to be part of someone else’s celebration and to see how loved, well liked and admired that person is. (R’s party)

38. Quote a song line that defines your year.
So don’t go breaking my heart
I won’t go breaking your heart

Yes, THAT song that R & I attempted to demolish on the karaoke at his party (ok, actually demolished it - killed it dead in fact!). We were worse than bad! But funny!!!!

I think this year, I will tag Libby, Sarah and Deb – come on, join in on this yearly review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...