Wednesday 6 April 2011

Joking around...

There's a funny challenge over at Jingle Belles this week. 


Funny as in "ha ha" not "um, strange"!


The challenge landed on April 1st so they April Fooled us by giving us a "Jingle Belles, Batman Smells" theme, asking us to make a humorous card for the holidays. "It can be a bit twisted, silly, or just plain laugh-out-loud funny ... just incorporate some holiday levity into your design."


Those of you who know me, know that I'm not all that funny! So this one tested my somewhat already limited abilities and I knew I wouldn't be able to carry off anything really comical.


So I tracked down some free vintage images featuring Christmas kitties mixing the pudding, Santa checking his list, kiddies hiding under the tree and finally decided to use a doggy challenged Santa. It made me smile so I figured it would fulfill the challenge!




Here's a closer look at the image - love the fact that Father Christmas has a dog biscuit in his sack!



Deb suggested I use some vintage images for my Easter cards and after this, I will definitely be following her suggestion - love how this turned out!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23 pm

    I like this a lot - so vintage and pretty! And the image made me smile, too - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, first: big points for stepping outside your "comfort zone" and then a second WELL DONE for finding a way to incorporate humor and still keep your lovely, pretty, romantic style! this is ♥GORGEOUS♥ and sweet AND funny all at the same time! using a vintage image really was the PERFECT way to go--awesome!

    (ps: i think some ppl may think this half of your JB hostess duo IS "funny... um...strange" EVERY week, but thank you for the HUMOROUS interpretation!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this week's challenge and what a great vintage image. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage look and feel, and even the pooch getting to Santa. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa this is beautiful card and I'm sure whoever receives it will LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it turned out too ... s elegant and classy, yet fun ... way to go for pushing your creative limits ... thanks for joining our jingle belles mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such thee perfect image to use for the JB challenge!!!! Love your fun and vintage chic card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...