Friday 15 April 2011

Seeing the bright side of life...

When I scrap, I often start from different places - maybe it's a story, maybe it's some papers I want to use and sometimes it's a photo. It all depends on how I feel on the day. I like to think it makes things more interesting for me.

This time around, I looked through my photo storage binder to find a photo that spoke to me.

Finding a happy photo of me, even though it was a couple of years old, made me think that it was time to be positive and to look for a few things to be grateful for.

I knew my Counterfeit Kit would be perfect for a happy layout because it's quite full of pinks and blues and cheerful yellow, and a Page Maps sketch was all I needed to pull it together really quickly.


The title made me think of that song from the 70s "Reasons to be Cheerful, Part 3" by Ian Drury and the Blockheads - now there is an odd list of things to be cheerful for!! I think my list is a little more conventional! Spring, birdy visitors and a long weekend away to look forward over Easter.

I love my Counterfeit Kit - off to use it some more!

Have you given yours a name? I keep thinking I should...

15 comments:

  1. Hi~I found you on the blog list from Shimelles blog class~love your style and designs and ideas!! Enjoyed my visit very much. new follower would like to invite you to my blog~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout - so pretty! And what a great shot of you - it's all about the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GReat page! I love the butterflies, and it is so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!!! Your butterflies are awesome! What a happy page. I also do the Counterfeit Kit challenge, in the process of making a mini album right now...but found you today via shimelle's BBFS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layout - love the way you've tied the string to frame the lovely photo. Hope you enjoy the time away ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the butterflies! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy spring layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful LO I love it. The idea of having butterfly bunting is great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute use of string. Love the butterfly banner

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great layout. I love page maps too, they are my go to when I feel stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:50 am

    Beautiful page! Love the photo of you, the butterflies and the way you tied the string like a parcel. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:59 pm

    lovely LO!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...