Wednesday 13 April 2011

A Wednesday Recipe

Can it really be time for Wednesday's Jingle Belles again already?


Well, it's the middle of the week so it must be although it's hard to keep up with the days right now. Weeks are simply flying by and it really is week #15 over at Jingle Belles - The Ghost of Christmas Present.


This week's challenge was set by Clare over at Miscanthus Crafts and she decided we needed to cook up a bit of a card recipe...


The ingredients are:
1 - as white as a ghost
2 - a present
3 - a bow or knot
4 - a touch of traditional Christmas colours

Having just discovered that my embossing folders do, in fact, work (long story for another time!), I decided to do a bit of white on white with some texture added on for interest and then just the tiniest splash of colour.



All four ingredients? Tick, tick, tick, yes, and tick!

Following a sketch or a recipe like this certainly helps me to come up with something more quickly than when I am left to my own devices! And this one was a lot of fun.

So impressed with my little pile of cards!

What have you done this week that you have impressed yourself with?

11 comments:

  1. yes, it certainly does help to have something or someone "get us started" doesn't it?! i also find it sends me in a direction i might not have tried on my own. not that *YOU* need any help, missus, that is for sure, but here is another JINGLEY masterpiece! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. a. I am very impressed with your ability to turn a simple recipe into a beautiful card
    b. I am impressed with the tag I made for my layout last night. http://www.flickr.com/photos/whimsicalnature/5615656660/in/photostream
    c. I just signed up for may LOAD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm officially envious of your card-making skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love that embossed christmas present. thanks for joining us at Jingle belles. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...for some reason I had a heck of a time with the recipe this week...but I managed to do a card and then last night I realized I forgot to link it up to the JB blog..ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant, great used of twine too, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog makeover! So springy! I'm with "S" - very envious of your cardmaking skills. This one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:21 pm

    thats gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that awesome twine wrap and tiny tag sentiment ... such an elegant holiday design ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that peppermint colored ribbon!! Beautiful :) Thanks for your recent comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! The embossed present is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...