Wednesday 14 March 2012

Neutral about Christmas?

Jingles Belles are challenging us to feel neutral about Christmas this week.

They featured the most beautiful Christmas cushions from Pottery Barn and asked us to be inspired by them in some way.


I liked the neutrality of the colours and went through my papers pulling out everything that seemed a non-colour deciding that was the direction I wanted to go. Then I got distracted by the rather gorgeous Dasher (vintage BG) papers and ended up making two cards that are not totally neutral, but very very pale none the less! Looking at the inspiration photo, it's hard to see that the cards have anything to do with it! But you know to expect this kind of thing from me :-)



I adore the wreath cushion and would love to have a go at this in paper so I might try that out for next week. Stephanie made such a stunning one that I really fancy having a go. Loving having the prompt for two weeks so that I can try out different directions before the next prompt goes up.

8 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Lisa. Love the simplicity of it, great take on this prompt. I look forward to seeing your cards each week.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love these, Lisa! Hope I'll have some time to craft this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards really capture the peace of the season, nicely done, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can most certainly see your inspiration in the paper choices, circle elements ... and wonderful homespun beauty of your designs ... so very glad you enjoyed creating with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the worn look of the paper, and the design is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pale brown and blue on these cards Lisa and the bow is the perfect touch for these gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oof! are you KIDDING ME??! i see the inspo photo ALL OVER these gorgeous cards: concentric circles, beautiful layers, soft almost-white tones, fabric bows... one of my favorite things, actually, is when the inspiration is this *clear* without being at all literal! awesome! love these! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...