Saturday 14 September 2013

A spurt of creativity

Three layouts this week? I have no idea how that happened but honestly, I managed three layouts this week.

I've shared one over at Whimsical Musings for the 100% prompt (see the post here) and I'm here to share the other two.

I've used my Counterfeit kits (Solitude and Escape) for all three layouts which is just the easiest way for me to scrap these days - grab a box, rummage round what's left, stick down some papers and sprinkle a few embellies. Done. So much easier than rummaging through ALL my stash. And it's time to finish off at least one or two of the four that are sitting on my shelf so that's an incentive too.

With the recent visits by friends and family, I am inspired by new photos and even though I didn't manage to get as many as I would have liked, there are many lovely shots that you are bound to see over and over.

So happy to have got selfies with each of the children so I kicked off by using pretty papers for the photos with the girls.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit Escape LO #5
I loved using all those project life type printed cards I included in this kit. It was so easy to pick out all the pretty colours and just pile them up. I twirled up the twine again around my enamel dots - such a pretty idea that I picked up recently from Ashli Oliver





And this softer layout was so easy to make with the items in my Solitude kit. I'm so surprised at the different effects I've got from this one. I think you'd never know that this layout is the same kit as my recent David Bowie layout (over at Whimsical Musings here). The layout here was completed without the photo and therefore, I was happy when I looked at it this morning and realised how perfect it was for Maddie's quieter character.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit Solitude LO #5





Do you ever make up layouts without a subject or photo in mind? It's very liberating to just create without an objective in mind. Although you do have to make sure your design has some spaces ready for photos and journalling or even a title. But if you are feeling a bit uninspired, I can recommend it as a starting point.

This kit is coming to an end now, which isn't a bad thing as September's kit is untouched :-)

11 comments:

  1. The soft and pretty colours and the design of that second one are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both lovely, but I am really drawn to that second one, with its gentle look ... I never make a page and then look for a photo, so perhaps I ought to give this a go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these have a fun vibe and a gentle vibe - there are things I want to lift from both, so I pinned them both. I got three layouts done last week, only because I was on deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made a layout without knowing what it was for - maybe I should give it a go...
    Love your layouts, the first so bright and fun with the second having a more subtle edge to it yet both are beautiful.
    Good luck with that extra large September kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Page one has such a breezy, summery feel to it - maybe it's the shades & the great grins!
    Page two has a sophisticated sweetness.
    Thoroughly enjoyed these both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, these are so different yet both look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the happy colors of the first one and the romantic feeling of the second one, beautiful layouts !

    ReplyDelete
  8. both layouts are fantastic. i'll have to keep in mind the tip about starting layouts without a specific photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO's as usual Lisa. Especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...