Tuesday 5 November 2013

Scrapabilly scrapping for November

Good morning everyone!

Another month is here which means a new Scrapabilly kit and this time around, Sylvia has put together her Christmas kit so that you will be all set up with product and inspiration ahead of getting all those wonderful festive photos or maybe even to get scrapping with last year's photos before you start taking this year's.

It's a very traditional kit full of rich reds and greens, plenty of holly and berries and a smattering of modern shades and designs too. There's plenty of paper and cardstock, loads of die cuts and small items to embellish, a happy red alpha and a tube of the prettiest glitter. I used it lots and the tube is still full - expect to see more. And the best thing of all? Flair buttons created by Sylvia herself - expect to see more of them on my blog as I won't be able to resist them at all. In fact, I begged her to give me a few of the first batch she had created and have already used a few of them on this month's creations

Here's the kit (here) and don't forget to check out the Design Team gallery on the Scapabilly site (here) and the rest of the team's reveal blog posts - check out the team in the right hand sidebar.


Apart from adding in a few sheets of cardstock, I also used a few small alphas (like these), some gorgeous glitter paper that I am totally in love with in both shades of wonderful gold (it's thick but easy to cut, doesn't lose its glitter and is just sumptuous!), a small amount of gold and cream twine and some gold Mr Huey Mist. Everything else is in the kit and I still have quite a lot left - enough for several cards and journalling cards for layouts. This is one big kit.

I am sharing a mini-book with you today but there will be two more posts later in the week with some layouts and cards so please come back again and get your hands on the kit before it's too late :-)

As soon as I saw the kit, I knew that I wanted to break the mold and make a little mini and also knew that I wanted to go back to a design I tried once before and it was such fun - an exploding mini-book.

I don't have so many traditional Christmas coloured photos so I also went back in time to print off some photos from our Sugarmoon in 2002 - at Chateau Lake Louise in Canada. So as you can imagine, lots of snow, Christmas trees, twinkling lights and over the top traditional decorations. Perfect for this kit. This must be the most documented - both in pages and mini-books - holiday in history considering I only have a handful of pre-digital times photos. I think we took three or four films but I have managed to fit so many into my little book that I have it pretty much covered - again!


When you take off the lid, the book falls open to reveal all the pages inside. So much fun!

Both sides of the pages can be used for photos or journalling or other flat embellishments. That gives you a lot of scrapping real estate.

I didn't write so much here as I've already written up bulky journalling in another mini-book a few years ago - I just wanted to make a few notes.

I had printed out a big pile (over 30 I think) small 2x1.5 inch photos and with the left overs I decided to just bind them together and have them as an extra little mini-surprise in the middle of the book.

So simple to make but I just love that all those photos are combined in this project.

Look at that cute flair! Isn't it lovely.




I hope you like my little exploding surprise as much as I enjoyed making it. Why not give it a try yourself - so simple and quick to make and look at all those photos.

Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little box Lisa :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only fun to make but, I would think, so much fun to look at every time you open it up again. A lovely item to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! I love this mini book box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh how cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that book is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love that explodng mini! It's a style that I've never tried for myself, so I'm going to pop it onto my Pinterest Boards as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...