Tuesday 8 April 2014

Let's get sketchy with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge

You might have noticed that we're doing things a bit differently this month over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Due to the nature of our CSI inspired kit, there wasn't really the chance to counterfeit items for our kit and therefore the tutorial post over at CKC this month has turned into a sketch inspiration post.

And who doesn't love sketches!

Regardless of if you use them religiously, copying every element and allowing the beauty of the original guide your own creation or if you just glance at them, get the overall feeling of them and go your own way, sketches can be a great starting point for any creative project. I love them and use them quite often so I was thrilled that we are going to be overloaded with great new sketches to inspire us today.

I have a Pinterest board for all the sketches that catch my eye, so that was the first place I decided to turn.

Follow Lisa Hausmann's board Sketches on Pinterest.

And it didn't take me long to come up with this sketch from Citrus Twist Kits.



I particularly liked the position of the two photos as well as all those scrummy layers. (If you go over to Citrus Twist Kit, you can find examples of what their DT did with this sketch.)

When I get to make up my layout using this sketch, I'll be sure to share it with you. I already have an idea of the photos I will be using!

We hope that you found our choice of sketches inspiring and would love to see what you create if you choose to use any of them! Link up over at Mr Linky (here).

3 comments:

  1. You caught the worm Lisa ;-)
    Great idea to have a pinboard of sketches for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an habitual sketch user, but you have really captured my interest with that one from Citrus Twist. I'll be looking out to see how you use it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great board to fall back on - thanks Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...