Monday 16 June 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - lining things up

The next challenge is up over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and today we are being asked to line up our embellishments (see post here). Looking into my kit, I realised that I didn't have so many automatic options for this without making my own embellies - and you KNOW that I'm a bit too lazy to do that! So, back to the kit to see what I did have that could be used for the challenge and then my eyes fell on the frames I'd included in the kit.

I have a confession to make. This pack of frames has the most gorgeous gold frames in it, guaranteed to catch my eye. Well, when I was making up my kit I realised that I had bought two packs by mistake - clearly blinded by those gorgeous gold, glittery gems! So it didn't feel so bad to include a whole pack in my kit and now to use several of them (8 in fact) on one layout.

June Counterfeit kit Woodgrain, layout #6
I decided to place different sized frames along a common horizontal line, filling each one with different colours scraps to give the very neutral coloured page some splashes of colour. Stitching around the edge and then along the bottom and top of the frames as well as over the title adds some interest and dimension.



A pocket for some journalling to keep the front of the page focused on those cute frames.


A few mist splats, enamel dots and veneer hearts were all that was needed to finish off the embellishments.

I used my real wood veneer "paper" as a mat for my photo. I love the added texture it gives the page

This challenge was a lot of fun to try out and a chance to add a new design to my arsenal. Why not try it yourself? Make sure you remember to link up to the Counterfeit blog using the Mr Linky (here).

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lisa, I have a whole box full of frames and this is such a great way to use some of them up :)
    Love all the different colours and your signature scatterings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your rows of stitching which additional anchor it all together. And those neat letters letting you know where the tag is :). I do like that wood background ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous colours and titleing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how many different textures there are and how the horizontal line keeps order but I still get a great sense of movement. The gold letters for the title word "light"? GENIUS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page - very textural and a great new way to use frames!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool just love this layout and it's so different, the frames for an accent you may have started something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's a fabulous layout, I love the woodgrain paper and how you've used all those different frames on it! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...