Monday 23 June 2014

Scrapabilly Shares June kit part 2

Yesterday, I shared my mini-book which I created using the Scrapabilly June kit (see blog post here). Let's just remind ourselves of the fun, bright colours that can be found in the Jillibean Soup collection which is focussed, but definitely not limited to, social media and modern technology...


As well as the mini, I created two layouts and a couple of cards. I added in a little cardstock, a small amount of washi and some twine to complete the projects

The first layout features Instagram photos from my two über-adorable nieces. I love how individual they are. I created two collages and then stuck them down together to appear as one. I will complete the journalling on the card in the pocket with a few lines about how impressed I am as they grow up and become so much their own little people.






And this layout is just comparing my selfies of today with my younger self when I would often hand the photo to someone to take a shot of me. I think that if we'd had mobiles phones and Instagram back then, I would have been a total addict!

I used mostly the B-sides of the papers here with just a small strip that has the smaller icons. I wanted it to be clear that I was talking about social media but not too much. IG is really the only media where I'm very active.

Love these letters - need to stock up on some more!



I added in the Mini Market letters to help with the longer title. I especially love that the Thickers alpha has the hash tag symbols - we need more of those

And lastly, here are two simple cards that I made up using the scraps I had leftover.

This card was inspired by a design I found on Pinterest





Once again. don't forget to check out the Scrapabilly site to see all the team's creations in the June gallery (here). You can also find links to Ilonka, Nadine, Maria and Silke's blogs in the right hand side bar. You don't want to miss out on their amazing projects. Make sure you say hi to them!

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... Gorgeous layout and those cards are fabulous too, goodness your creativity is amazing (could you send some my way) :)

    By the way .... Oohh I love those alphas too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute stuff. I wanna scrap just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Lisa you have done that kit proud! Fabulous layouts, love how you're capturing their growing up.
    I haven't really got into Instagram but I know one girl who has, maybe I should stalk her photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages - I do like your designs, with the great balance of detail and 'white' space. And those little twine circles are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...