Monday 5 January 2015

Scrapabilly January kit shares (part 1)

I've been busy and it felt great.

The new January Scrapabilly kit (find it in the shop here) features some amazing items from the BoBunny "Altitude" collection (papers, alphas, stickers, buttons, film strip) as well as jewels, a charm, ribbons, veneer snowflakes, a bottle of Stickles, vellum, glitter cardstock and of course, regular cardstock. Phew, that was quite a kit!


Shades of purple are usually not the direction I tend to go but I have to admit, this collection of stunning papers and colours went together so well and worked so perfectly for a whole range of different photos and topics, that I am a lilac convert.

I really went to town with the kit and didn't stop until it was completely used up - 6 layouts and two cards. All that was left was a few tiny scraps of paper and a couple of the embellies.

For today's shares, all I needed to add in to the kit was a little cardstock, some silver thread that I found at my local haberdashery section, mists and a set of silver Thickers to complement the fantastically versatile sticker alphabet in the kit. I decided to create some glittery layouts in shades of silver and although it won't take away my love of gold, it was nice for a change!

For layout #1, it makes me happy to to see such recent photos (27th and 28th December) being put on a layout so soon. This, as I'm sure many of you will know, is not normal for me :-)







Layout #2 features yet another instgram photo steal of my über-gorgeous niece. She always looks like she's modelling for a magazine. My sister has such style.







And of course, how could I resist featuring the ever-gorgeous Pam on layout #3 to record how we stay in touch across the miles.



I stretched the vellum by punching some snowflakes which I scattered across a few of my layouts. I love the dimension and detail they add but in such a subtle way,


The "Altitude" filmstrip was so gorgeous, I really wanted to cut it up and use it on more than one layout but I loved the look of the full width so much, I went with the whole strip being used at once. I really like how working with a kit pushes me to go for what I love rather than trying to "save" the best parts of the kit for later (which we know never comes.)



I was left with a few scraps and some bits and pieces as well as a larger piece of cardstock so I just decided to make two really simple cards to send out for the New Year. There are one or two people I didn't get around to sending Christmas greetings to so these will be really useful for that.

Sorry for the poor photo quality of these last two cards - I was chasing the fading light.




I'll post the remaining three layouts on the blog on Wednesday so do make sure you come back to check out my shares. As always, you can find all the items created with the Scrapabilly January kit over at the Scrapabilly gallery here and the links to the rest of the team's blogs are up there in my sidebar. I'm sure they'd love it if you dropped by to say hello. I'm sure they have some amazing layouts to show you and their card-making is truly inspirational too!

4 comments:

  1. You really are so inspiring and creative. I adore your layouts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the punch of purple there. Such creative pages you've produced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness Lisa, I am *SO* inspired!!! I bought several pieces of that BoBunny collection at my local scrapbook store before the holidays and have been hoarding it ever since. It's just so pretty! I love your layouts and may scraplift one or two of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow and wowzers!!!
    Amazing layouts. I love that part on the left of the first one with the shield in the middle.
    Fabulous stuff as always Mrs H

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...