Saturday 14 March 2015

15 loves {February 2015}

Welcome to the next in the series {15 loves} for 2015 based on the original concept by my beloved friend, Pam, back in January 2013. I shared my loves (mostly late) all through 2014 and now it's time to see if I can continue the series through 2015. I hope you will come back each month to see if there is anything in my list to inspire you. You can see all my {14 loves} {here} and now all my {15 loves} {here}

I hope there's something in here to inspire you or maybe just make you smile.

Yes, another late {15 loves} post for February but I'm writing my March {15 loves} to go up on the blog tomorrow so it seemed right to get this done today, no matter how late it was :-)


one

I am not a shopper. Really, not at all. I have a very boring style in clothes and just don't enjoy going out and going through the process of picking things out, trying them on and then actually paying for them! But that doesn't stop me being inspired by things I see online! Such as this pair of shoes which I totally adore and can totally see me wearing. I won't be buying them, but if I was walking past a shop and they were in the window, I might just go in and take a look!

two

I find myself drawn to Ashli Oliver's pages again and again. This one is no exception. I love it. All those layers and "messy" stuff. I think I need to hang out at her blog more often and see if I can learn some of her talent through osmosis. Just gorgeous!

three

Saw this on Pinterest and it just made me smile. I think this would make such a great little joke to send to someone. Available through Etsy but so simple to create yourself. Saving this idea for when I think it is needed!

Pinterest find here

four

One day I'll need this. Another Pinterest find but available through an online printing service. So simple, so perfect.

Available at Sun Frog Shirts here

five

This simple but effective card caught my eye - yes on Pinterest! Cards like this make me realise that I am lacking in the card making department but luckily, inspiration is out there.


six

In a nutshell... I love you! What a perfect little inspirational idea for an anniversary gift. I definitely want to try this out one day! I will have to look at what the coming anniversaries are and see if I can make a connection.

Pinterest source here

seven

We finally made it to the Museum Folkgang to see the Inspiration Japan exhibition that had been on for the previous four months on its last weekend! It was great to get back to this fantastic museum and be inspired by the incredible art they had on display. I had no idea that artists such as Monet, Gaugin or van Gogh had been so influenced by Japan and its culture. So enjoy learning more about the world of art. Came home with the book of the exhibition for a little light night-time reading (when I'm much older and greyer no doubt!) 


eight

At the beginning of February, I was in full anticipation mode for my trip to NYC and of course, no  {15 loves} would have been complete without something featuring the city. This art from Debbie Powell at The Art Works Inc is something that I could see myself hanging on my wall along with the other small prints and photos I've picked up. The Art Works site doesn't have any sort of print ordering service so I might have to do some more investigative work to track this down to see if it's available anywhere to order.

nine

Citrus Twist always have such great sketches and I love to turn to them when I need a little help when I sit down to scrap. I especially love this format for all those square IG photos or even my ancient 1970s square shots.

Citrus Kits sketch from June 2014

ten

February brought LOAD of course and it was a lot of fun. Knowing that I probably wouldn't manage a full 28 layouts in 28 days due to my travels, I set a target of 20 and actually made 24 which made me very happy. A LOAD month is always a good month. It's such a super way to connect with those scrappy friends again and to get a daily dose of creativity!


eleven

We didn't celebrate Valentine's Day this year - with us both being on our travels, it seemed a little redundant, but this card is certainly something I'm saving for another time. We do this type of thing all the time - counting the number of days since XXX and then having a mini-celebration! 

twelve

The countdown was running and my second adventure to NYC was now just a few hours away!


thirteen

Meanwhile, on the other side of the ocean, Pam was trying to freak me out by warning me how cold it was.  She sent me this which made me giggle and I tried to reassure her that my excitement would keep me warm! 


fourteen

It may not have been as cold or as snowy as New York, but after a winter of no snow whatsoever last year (winter 2013/14), I was thrilled to get some this time around. There was never very much and it never lasted very long but this last of the season snow was lovely to see.


fifteen

One to keep in mind at the end of a hard week. I know we shouldn't wish the week away but Friday is so very welcome!



Ilove you to share your own {15 loves} lists with me. Why not link up in the comments below?

2 comments:

  1. Love that FriYay especially, and thank-you for the intro to Ashli's lovely work. Another great 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post - the little girl in me wants those shoes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...