Sunday 19 July 2015

Scrapabilly July kit shares - part 2

Back to share the rest of my creations using the Scrapabilly July kit featuring Crate Paper Poolside and Journey collections. You can find out more details about the kit either over at the Scrapabilly shop or in my first kit share post here.

Don't forget that the Scrapabilly gallery is full of further inspiration from the other Design Team girls.

Here's the kit - check out all those gorgeous summer colours.


The kit was so inspirational for me and I created a total of 6 layouts and two cards. Success!

I used a Simple Scrapper sketch for this one nd really liked the bold left hand border. Check out those gorgeous blue skies which I think work really well with the sunny colours of the kit. I added in the gold doily, a little gold twine/thread and of course, a splattering of mist.





I mentioned in my first share post that we had some fun cutting out flamingos from foam sheets when I was last at the Scrapabilly shop and I was determined to find a way to incorporate them onto my layouts. No, the Philippines do not have flamingos, but they are tropical and pink and fun and I thought I could get away with them here! I especially love that little heart that's created when the two heads meet!

For this one, I added in the flamingos and a handful of enamel dots - and mist of course! I couldn't help myself from using up all the little mini letter tiles on the sticker sheet in the kit! They are so gorgeous and the gold against the aqua goes with every element of the kit. I might need to buy another sheet. Perfect for adding extra titles or journalling substitutes!






And then the last layout seemed a perfect addition on a layout about Scrapabilly's Sylvia and how I'm so happy to have found such a good friend! The *F* for friend card seemed perfect for this too.  The little bag held closed by that mini clothes pin will house my journalling. Leaving all the journaling for a quiet moment which seems elusive at the moment. I only added a few enamel dots and the flamingo to the kit for this layout. The journalling bag came with the kit and housed the embellishments. Love finding a way to use them.







And just to finish off some of the scraps, I made up two summer greetings cards. I sprinkled Stickle spots over the lover edge and finished them off with a couple of left over die cuts and the Scrapabilly exclusive flair - which I can never get enough of!






So, another month, another gorgeous inspiring kit! Such fun.

Why not get one of your own from the Scrapabilly online shop here?

2 comments:

  1. Love your layouts!
    I'm excited to see you at the bookbinding workshop in Munich!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Lisa. All that white space works so well with those colorful details in the papers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...