Tuesday 1 March 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge March kit reveal blog hop

Warning! Loooooong post! Keep going, all will be revealed :-)

Well, February flew by, didn't it? I participated in LOAD, completed 33 layouts, scrapped 110 photos, celebrated 200 prompts over at Whimsical Musings with a week of Guest Designers and prizes, and felt like I was running the whole time. Phew, quite a month. And so, welcome to March.

Hopefully you've arrived here via Leslie's blog and her inspirational blue box full of fabulous supplies and forgeries, but if not, you're going to want to go back to the beginning of the hop back at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge! We have a particularly wonderful treat this month too, welcoming Lesley back to us as Guest Designer. Wooohoooo! We've missed her and I am delighted that she's back with us :-)

Onto the new kit for this month then.

We've been given the 'Click' Story Kit from Ali Edwards  which was "interesting" to say the least - ha ha!

Here are a couple of photos of the kit that I fought with a little before coming up with my own take!





Mmmm, no paper, few embellishments, not a lot of colour! What to do?

There was considerable chatter in our Master Forger group about how to interpret this kit and someone - Clair? - said that she saw it more as an embellishment kit that would then be added to with papers etc. Eureka! That's what I'd do.

So, I started off making up an embellishment kit in black, white, grey and neutrals with the focus on pocket page cards, cameras and loopy words. I then added in some more embellishments which I thought I might be able to use... flair, sequins, washi, Tim Holtz film roll and alphas.







And then... I turned that into a full kit by picking out the (few) colours from the inspiration kit - orange/dark red, dark green, a hint of yellow, an aqua and some lime green - added in my old BasicGrey paper and a speciality vellum paper as well as some more pocket page cards. There's not as much in this kit as it looks so I'm thinking it will be a real challenge for me to see if I use it up!

So... finally... let me introduce you to my March kit, Tangent.








Well done for getting so far. I hope you like all the twists and turns this kit took. Watch this space for how I use it - fingers crossed!

Here's the full blog hop list in case you get lost along the way. Don't forget to let me know you were here :-)

Lesley (GDT) - http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Clair: http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.co.uk/
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
Julene:  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
Kelly: http://66.147.244.112/~honeysv0/
Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.ca
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.ca
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com/
Margie: http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.de/
Stephanie:  http://skylinepaperie.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. This is the most exciting choice of counterfeit kit mm..maybe, ever? I love what you have done with it. The colours and neutrals and extras really appeal to me. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Sian! Can we encourage you to come back and play along with us? x

      Delete
  2. I think embellishments first is a good way to go - might try that next month if it means I come up with a kit as lovely as yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning,
    I WANT YOUR KIT,
    Sorry for not keeping up with WM but well done on such a fab achievement.
    Thanks for the lovely warm welcome Lisa, I think you'll need a fair few spare hours to get through that bundle of luciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your kit! Great colors, fabulous embellishments (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your kit. I think that is going to be fun to make LO's with this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Looks like the tray of potted primulas that are available at our grocery stores, this time of year. I am especially enjoying this months kit reveal. Everyone has a different approach and each kit is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your kit turned out and I like the idea of starting with embellishments and choosing papers second. I'm sort of at a loss on how to counterfeit this month's kit but I think I could use this method! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your tangent kit - you may have almost abandoned the color scheme but you are on target thematically. Enjoy your kit, I have to run and get the last of my Tim Holtz film strip and add it in to my kit. Totally forgot I still had that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! I adore that filmstrip and those cameras.Wish I had read that post about embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow--very pretty, clean, and elegant! Excellent choice of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great embellishment kit that has such a vintage Hollywood vibe. It will mesh perfectly with "Tangent". Can't wait to see your (3) PLUS layouts! You are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I've already had a sneak peek of something produced from this kit I can only say that I am positively tingling with anticipation at what you will produce with it for the rest of this month!
    Drop dead gorgeous with the silvery gray foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You knocked it right out of the park with this interpretation! I absolutely love the embellishments that you chose (and that would have been enough for me) but those bright pops of colour are going to be an amazing backdrop! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's so much to love in this kit - that film roll, the sequins, that camera stamp set, all those neutral embellishments paired with the colorful but classic paper choices. I think this is going to be a very successful scrappy month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you did a fantastic decipher of the inspiration kit :) I did consider an embellishment kit first :) Bravo :)Great numbers last month too for LOAD, I never thought to count the photos up :)(completed 33 layouts, scrapped 110 photos, celebrated 200 prompts over at Whimsical Musings with a week of Guest Designers and prizes)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...