Thursday 1 September 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge September kit reveal blog hop

It's September and time for the new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal, this month chosen by Margie.

Hopefully you've arrived here from Leslie's gorgeous Blue Box reveal and next up is the ever inventive Lynnette and her wonderful staging. However, the full blog hop list is at the end of the post and you can go back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to make sure you catch the whole hop. And I'm delighted to welcome Nicole Mackin as our Guest Designer. A seasoned kitter and a much loved YouTuber, we are thrilled to have her with us this month so make sure you say hello!

This month, Margie has given us the Felicity Jane August kit which is full of beautiful, exclusive products in wonderful, summery colours proving that summer is most definitely still in full swing at the CKC blog :-)

(Even if I'm longing, ever so slightly, for autumn to make an appearance!)


Here's their mood board for the kit.



Here's my kit bringing summer to an end in my neck of the woods. I originally wanted to call it Sundown and then realised that Sundance summed up that end of season feeling much better!


As Felicity Jane kits only use exclusive FJ items, I knew I was going to have to do some serious matching and that I wouldn't have a specific starting point.

And that is where I started really. I just grabbed piles of paper and looked for papers with colours which seemed to match the inspiration kit to some degree. I had to stretch my understanding of orange, coral, pink and blue a little so that I had enough papers. This is when I realised that I am missing blue paper and products. All the blues I found were a touch lilac, teal or aqua which is definitely not the original blue in the FJ kit. That's why there is a bit of a mix of tones. I tried to match up some of the designs on the papers and used gold foil sheets for the spots and hearts. The geometric blue and veneer paper is a simple forgery that is much more blue in real life and one that I'll feature in Forgeries on the Fourth.

Yes, there are a LOT of papers! I've blown my own "rules" out of the water this month, and when you think that most of them are double sided (with totally different colours), my guess is that many pages will not look like they come from the inspiration kit!


Again with the embellishments, I knew that I was just going to have to match them up by type and colour rather than specific items because they are all exclusives. So I added in doilies, flair and some veneer/doily stickers.


Some pocket page cards instead of a cut apart sheet, some strips of wood veneer and vellum so that I can cut, punch or just use as and when I need it.


I included some confetti which matches the original and then some glitter tags and two brand new washi tapes just because I thought they were pretty and would work well in the kit.


A wood veneer pocket card matches the large heart on one of the journalling cards in the original kit and then I included Thickers which have a dip technique (more in Forgeries on the Fourth). And then I spotted this cute sheet of flamingo and pineapple "sprinkles" which I picked up recently. It doesn't really match the kit at all, nor is similar to anything in the original kit but I just wanted to give myself an excuse to use them!


I am missing die-cuts and couldn't find anything in my kit that gave me the same feeling as the FJ kit so I decided to leave them out for now. If something catches my eye, I'll be throwing them in. A couple of smaller alphas and a partially used sticker sheet completes my kit.


It's HUGE but I like it and think it will be easy to use. I know I'm going to need to add some more embellishments in as I start using it but that's ok. My kits tend to develop organically across the month so this will just be a little more of that.

Thanks for dropping by today. It was lovely to see you! Hope you let me know you were here and let me know which colour you think you need more of in your stash?!?

Here's the full blog hop list and next up is the delightful Lynnette, give her some love from me too!


Don't forget that we love it when you join in and make up your own kits. Share your kit and your creations over at our Link-Up page and don't forget the Member Blog Hop on the 24th. 

***** MEMBER BLOG HOP ***** 


Find out how below!  
Go on, you know you want to! 
Your project should be something new, using a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, that you haven't shown before and will only post for the hop. Be inspired by any of the challenges this month or just share something you've created with your kit. Remember, the more the merrier and it never fails to be a lot of fun! 
To be a part of our blog hop: 

  • E-mail us your name & blog address & promise to participate at thecounterfeitkitchallengeblog@gmail.com by the 18th September.
  • You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th September with a list of the hop participants.
  • You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on a challenge and link to the person after you in the hop.All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th September at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time (Arizona) but we will help you with the scheduling

14 comments:

  1. What a delightful kit! It does have a dreamy, summery feel with a little hint at autumn with the orange tones. I especially like those doily stickers and the strips of wood veneer. I definitely think you captured the airy feel of the inspiration and am looking forward to seeing all the layouts you make with this pretty kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous warm and dreamy kit! And quite apptly named as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kit looks yummy. The process you used was similar to me except I turned blue into greens and had very little gold.Enjoy it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I caused some "false advertising" with the Magic Blue Box this month :( I wonder if you enjoyed the freedom of kitting this month from an excl I sive, or if it was more difficult? Your kit is a stunner, but I must confess that I am dieing to flip your papers over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your kit keeps to the feel of the original. I love your process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. our kits get bigger and bigger - good job you are a prolific scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love your kit! It is so gorgeous, I am very jealous!!! I think as far as colours go, I'm always looking in my stash for red, and I can never find it! Seems like it goes too fast, but I bet if I bought a bunch of red paper, I'd never scrap it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely kit that echoes the inspiration perfectly. Loving those doily veneer stickers and the title, "Sundance". I'm with you, though, as I'm longing for the autumn weather. You may not believe me, but I "almost" have 3 layouts done from last month! I'll get them finished and photo'd soon to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous kit! I love the wood embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sundance - perfect name, but then you knew I'd agree, didn't you. Soft sweet spectacular kit, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours! And your doilies add a lovely delicate touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful kit, love the doily veneers.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delight of a kit and the name just goes so well with it too :) I seem fall coming with your kit :) hmmm so many wonderful embellishments too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful, soft kit which is HUGE!
    As I'm late to my commenting I have already seen some beautiful layouts but I bet you have plenty left!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...