Tuesday 8 November 2016

November at Scrapabilly #1


November's Scrapabilly Kit des Monats features Jen Hadfield for Pebbles, Warm & Cozy collection. Gorgeous! The papers include a stunning rose-gold foiled leaf outline on white design along with lots of neutrals and a cut apart sheet. The die-cut pack was full of gorgeous elements again featuring the rose-gold foil and the chunky set of rose-gold Thickers made my happiness complete. There was also a sheet of washi paper strips.


There were a lot of elements which seemed to inspire home and autumn themed pages but I also used my supplies for some other subjects which shows how flexible the kit proved to be.

I added in some mini alphas by Jellybean Soup at the Scrapabilly shop here. Mini alphas help me with my longer titles and I love the versatility of the large and small together.

Other than that, I limited my extra supplies to lots of inks, lashings of fine gold thread, a couple of gold doilies and a handful of mini embellishments such as tiny veneer stars, some chunky gold glitter and a sprinkle of woodgrain enamel dots. Similar supplies can be found in the Scrapabilly shop herehere, here, here and here!

First up then is a page I thought would be perfect with all those rose-gold elements - about my rose gold iPhone and how lucky I am to have it. I'd taken the photos over a year ago with the plan to make the layout sometime but hadn't got around to it.


I stitched myself a grid across the page so that I could decorate each little section with something a little different. I had to do the journalling more than once ;-) but in the end, took the b-side of a pocket page card and got it written up correctly.


I'm very into mini pockets full of tiny items at the moment, in case you hadn't noticed! I filled this one with tiny punched hearts as well as some larger ones, a handful of mini veneer stars and some chucky glitter.


The "thankful" die cut was all I needed for a title and I used some foam dots for dimension with some scrunched up gold thread behind.


Of course, gold and pink mist was called for to really reinforce the colour scheme I had created.


Next up is a page about how I finally got nearly 10 years of layouts into albums. Another story that's been waiting a long time to be told.


I started scrapping in 2006 and had the usual post-bound standard albums to begin with. But my output soon outgrew those first few and I continued to just store them in plastic boxes. Hundreds and hundreds. Waiting for a concept. I toyed with the Stacy Julian Library of Memories scheme but it didn't quite sit. Then my husband and I came up with a plan about how he/we would best like to look at the layouts in years to come (we never look at the layouts now so I'm curious when that will be!) and decided on yearly albums for when the layout is set regardless of when they were made, as well as a few single albums such as the Yukon, NYC, the Philippines and maybe even our travels around Germany.

All that was left was to settle on a range of albums. The WRMK gold and platinum albums are the ones and I bulk bought them for the time when I sat down to sort through the piles of layouts to make some sort of sense to them. Last May was that time and now I have 32 albums on my shelves - full! There's still a huge pile of more recently made layouts to file away, but it's a start. There's a lot more work to be done but this first, hugely important step needed its own layout.



Here you can see the original boxes of layouts and my initial sorting. It took me days.


And this coral coloured album was the first I put together featuring layouts from my time in the Philippines.

In the photo at the far right here, you can see many full albums ready to be labelled and gone through once more to ensure that all the layouts in there are complete and worthy of a precious space!


Thanks for dropping by today.

Check out the kit here on the Scrapabilly site and don't forget to check out the Design Team gallery here while you're there. I love looking at the gallery to see all the different ideas we've come up with. You can also find the Schnick Schnack Sack (embellishments) and the Pretty Planner Pack kits and galleries there too. So much to discover and so much inspiration to be had.



Back soon with more shares.

4 comments:

  1. Love the stories and the layouts. Especially the first one - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely kit you are working with. I love the idea of rose gold in scrapbooking, and your pages are fab. 32 full albums is impressive, and reminds me that I need to get my stack of recent layouts filed into albums too. Better get to it. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit with all its lovely gold seems perfect for you. That first page has so many wonderful details, especially that pretty confetti-filled pocket. And what a process of organizing layouts and albums - wow! Lots of work for sure but certainly worth it. I've gotten very good about putting layouts in albums but my whole system needs an overhaul...someday, when I finally have a room of my own to spread out it, I'll tackle that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lisa. How I envy your sense of style. I love all of the layers, journalling and little details that you add to each layout. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...