Monday 14 November 2016

November at Simple Scrapper #1



This layout for Simple Scrapper uses an older sketch from July 2016 along with a current Story Starter on the subject of Getting Stronger.

Using my October Counterfeit Kit Challenge, Lucid kit, I picked out the brighter papers and combined them as a background to the colourful personality of my adorable niece who just turned four! It's crazy how the time has flown but these photos show what a little character she's turned into.



I really got into the splatted effect letters while I was using this kit and here I sprayed them all over with pink and then just dripped on some gold and aqua to pick up on some of the colours elsewhere on the layout.


The numbered washi tape was perfect to note here age and I added the stitching to provide some texture and dimension to these edges. I wanted to have lots of depth so that the bright colours wouldn't compete with the photos.


The original sketch had embellishments in this place but I decided just to include an extra photo and add a few mini embellishments here and there for good measure. As luck would have it, I had some veneer numbers in my kit which I decided to use to number her age in the photos. I'd never have thought of that if I hadn't spotted them at the bottom of my kit bag.


Using the Story Starters combined with a sketch each month has really pushed me to try out different page layouts which I've really been enjoying. I tend to stick to the same half dozen designs and I think that the sketches are really adding some great ideas to change up that feeling of every layout being the same. The Story Starters encourage me to start my page with a story and to often look at the photos in a different way to tell the story from another angle. I recommend both these wonderful resources which are part of the premium membership.

To find out more about the many resources and inspiration - including the sketches and story starters I use each month - available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership here.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you've scrapped those cutie-pie pics!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...